The World Affairs Council of Charlotte is pleased to announce the Council Scholar Award Program for the 2017-2018 school year. This signature WACC international education initiative offers a unique opportunity for selected educators to travel out of the country and bring their experiences abroad home to their school community in North Carolina.
The 2017-2018 Council Scholar Award Program is generously supported by the following education partners:
We are looking for internationally-minded educators and administrators who are currently working to provide a global perspective in their classrooms, have a desire to immerse themselves in an international topic or region and be enthusiastic about sharing their experience with their students and colleagues. The applicant must be a K-12 grade teacher or staff member with significant student contact in a Mecklenburg, Iredell, Cabarrus, Lincoln, Gaston or Union County school (public or independent schools).
Applications must be received by 4 pm on Tuesday, Oct. 31st, 2017. They may be emailed (PDF or Word file), mailed or hand delivered to our office.
A grant of up to $2500 for study abroad or international conference attendance (and other eligible professional development opportunities abroad)
Recognition at the 2018 World Citizen Award Dinner
- Invitations to special Council programs and dinner receptions
- Lifetime Council membership
Past Council Scholars:
- Meet 2015-2016 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Brandi Lewis
- Meet 2014-2015 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Bruce Schulman
- Meet 2014-2016 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Kristen Wright
- Meet 2014-2015 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Molly Rowland
- Meet 2014-2015 Council Scholar Award Recipient: Trish Boulanger
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WACC Mailing Address:
World Affairs Council of Charlotte
UNC Charlotte, CHHS 227
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223
Should you have any questions, please email Charlotte Klopp, VP Programs & Education or call 704-687-7762.